Host Hotel: Tucson Marriott University Park
880 E 2nd St, Tucson, Arizona 85719
Airport code: TUS
The 2020 ALTA Conference will be held at the Tucson Marriott University Park in Tucson, Arizona. The Tucson Marriott University Park is located in the trendy Main Gate Square District, between the University of Arizona's campus and Tucson's downtown. ALTA has secured a block of rooms in the Tucson Marriott University Park for conference attendees. For your convenience, we encourage you to book your hotel reservations in advance.
When you book your room through our link, you not only get a great deal on your room ($179), but you also support ALTA, as the Marriott gives a portion of that room rate to our organization!
- Click on desired arrival / departure dates
- Click “check availability”
- Choose a guest room option and click “select” (to book an accessible room, first select a room)
- Review reservation details and choose room features
- Click “continue” to process reservation
If phoning, inform the reservation staff person that you are attending the ALTA 2020 Conference. Unless you identify yourself as a conference participant, you may be unable to obtain a room. Accessible rooms can also be booked by phone.
We encourage you to make your reservations early, as accommodations at the Tucson Marriott University Park may be limited. The ALTA Conference block of hotel rooms will be released to the general public on October 11, 2020.
Find more information about hotel room accessibility here.
Note: Based on hotel availability, conference attendees can access the $179 room rate for the 3 days prior to and following conference dates (November 11-14). If you experience difficulty with the hotel reservation link, please contact Program Manager Kelsi Vanada.
Check-in time at the Tucson Marriott University Park is 3:00pm. The check-out time is 12:00pm, after which time guests will incur an additional night’s charge.
Complimentary wireless internet is available in overnight guestrooms and in all meeting rooms.
On-site parking is $2 hourly / $15 daily.
Valet parking is $26 daily.
Transportation to the Tucson Marriott University park
Please see the information below in the "Getting to Tucson" section.
Travel Information: Getting to Tucson
Airport code: TUS. Most ALTA attendees will fly into the Tucson International Airport, which provides nonstop service to 20 destination airports, with connections worldwide.
Location: 8.5 miles south of the Tucson Marriott University Park.
Getting to the conference hotel: There are many options for getting to the hotel from the airport without a car. This hotel does not provide shuttle service to and from the airport.
- There is a designated Uber/Lyft curbside pickup site at the Tucson airport, at the Rental Car Center, which is out the east exit of the main terminal. Follow signs for "App Rides." Drivers do not wait at the stop, but will arrive when requested through the mobile app. More info here.
- VIP Taxi and Yellow Cab are under conract with the Tucson Airport Authority to meet arriving flights. More info and rates here.
- Two routes of Sun Tran, the region’s public transit system, make regular stops at Tucson International Airport. More info here.
- Shuttles and car services from the airport. More info here.
If you fly into the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport (PHX), you can book a shuttle to take you to and from Tucson. A good option is Groome Transportation ($43/one-way), which has a stop in Tucson located 0.4 miles from the conference hotel.
Driving from the Tucson Airport to the Conference hotel
Head north on S. Tucson Blvd. Continue onto E. Benson Hwy. Turn right onto S. Campbell Ave/S. Kino Pkwy. Keep left to stay on S. Kino Pkwy. Turn left to merge onto AZ-210 W. Turn right onto Broadway Blvd. Turn left onto N. Euclid Ave. Turn right onto E. 2nd St. Turn right onto N. Tyndall Ave. The hotel parking garage is at the corner of 2nd St. and N. Tyndall Ave. (Approx. 20 minutes)
Car rental at the Tucson airport
Seven car rental companies have counters and cars in the Rental Car Center adjacent to the east exit from the main Terminal. More info here.
There is a FlixBus/Greyhound stop at the University of Arizona, 0.5 miles from the conference hotel.
The Amtrak Station in downtown Tucson's Historic Train Depot is served by the Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle trains, and is located 1.4 miles from the conference hotel.
Transportation in Tucson
Sun Link Streetcar
In central Tucson, the four-mile Sun Link Streetcar connects four districts with dining and entertainment options: University of Arizona, Main Gate Square, Historic Fourth Avenue, downtown Tucson-Convention Center complex, and Mercado San Agustin. The streetcar has easy access for mobility devices, strollers, and bicycles. Download the free GoTucson Transit mobile app to purchase fares for Sun Link Streetcar and Sun Tran buses. 520-792-9222
Sun Tran Regional Bus Service
The Sun Tran bus system serves metro Tucson. Transit centers are located at major destinations throughout the community. Download the free GoTucson Transit mobile app to purchase fares for Sun Link Streetcar and Sun Tran buses or call 520-792-9222 for more information.
Shuttle Service, Car Rental & Cabs
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car: 520-325-7909, enterprise.com
- Catalina Transportation Services, Inc.: 520-624-5466, catalinatucson.com
- GoldStar Town Car & Limo: 520-490-5406, goldstaraz.com
- Total Ride, 520-200-2000, totalride.com
- VIP Taxi: 520-300-3000, viptaxi.com
- Tucson Mountain Shuttle: 520-403-1368, tucsonmountainshuttle.com
Maps and more information are available on Visit Tucson's website. Click here for an online travel guide.